Rockbox Devcon West 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
June 16-17, will start afternoon/evening of June 15th.
closer look at the t-shirts and mugs
Video feed will not happen for this event. Sorry, but anything I touch seems to not work at all. =/
With names ;)
Happened Already, Sunday 17th
- 00:45 Presence pays us a visit and gives thanks
- 01:15 and onward through the night, we all drop off one by one
- 11:15 Joely leaves
- 13:05 Enter to David's room
- 13:10 Christophe leaves
- 16:42 Paul, Brandon, and Adam leave for the airport
Happened Already, Saturday 16th
- 01:00-ish Christophe goes to bed
- 01:50 Brandon rolls out the sleeping bag and we talk about random topics from backpacking and old computer products (stemming from Austin's use of WS_FTP) to Ultra-Cialis (another don't ask thing)
- 02:30 Bedtime
- 08:25 Wake up time and some go off for a swim
- 09:10 Breakfast preparing starts...who said Rockbox people can't cook?
- 11:30 Discussion talks start
- 14:10 Lunchtime!
- 14:46 Found an Indian buffet to eat at
- 16:15 Found the arcade
- 16:30 Get back into the room
- 16:45 Performed the first part of our beer tasting - the Chimay red (Première)
- 19:31 We all officially hate the camera
- 21:10 Chimay blue (Grande Rèserve) was tasted...general consensus: red was much better
Happened Already, Friday 15th
- 11:00 Austin gets to the airport and waits for someone who won't show for an hour ;)
- 12:00-ish Paul arrives at the airport
- 13:30-ish David and Joel arrive at the airport with Christophe
- 14:30 All arrive at the Signature
- 16:00 /Finally/ get to the room (don't ask...really...don't)
- 18:30 Exit for supplies and a bit of exploration
- 21:00 Get back to hotel and unpack supplies
- 21:30 Dinner - quite varied! Tofu steaks for David, mashed potatoes for Joel, bagel bites (pizza) for Paul, bagel dogs for Austin, and making us all look cheap, Christophe with the oh-so-french baguette with salami and various cheeses with wine for all!
- 22:55 Adam arrived at the airport...said he would walk
- 23:41 Brandon arrived
- 23:59 Adam arrived...all here!
(The timezone is PST here, which is GMT-8 in this context...we are ignoring DST for this purpose)
Paul and Christophe getting things set up
A table home to a few...note the taken apart Gigabeat S with a wire coming out
David's tofu steaks on the pan
The finished product
Showing us how you /really/ do things, Christophe's dinner
A work of art on Adam's walk
Looking up at the hotel
The above in the day
A decent group shot
The view straight out from the patio
The above in the daytime and pitched down a bit
The other view
The above in the day
The soldering station partly set up (yes, he had more equipment)
Someone seemingly thinking the ice bucket is worth taking a picture of
One of the two lobbies
A few of us really wanted one that size...
We found the arcade
Us moving around in David's room...it is no Signature, but only 2 of us are staying anyway ;)
An ad we found. Fitting, no?
Sleeping Rockbox devs...aren't they cute?
Brandon asleep next to his laptop like a true dev
Some have said that Joel resmebles an angel when he sleeps...
Paul left his teddy bear at home
Apparently, Austin's subconscious kicks in when people put cameras in front of his sleeping face
Some pics of our Tower of Rockbox...We cheated a bit with including a few Gigabeat S, a Gigabeat V, and multiple Gigabeat boards (can you tell Christophe was here? ;)
And with Paul telling him that he will crash it, Austin crashes the tower and can be seen in the top-right corner running away